Saturday, July 9, 2011

Meeting the Baby

I had the opportunity to drive down to Oklahoma and meet my new niece!  My dad and I drove down to my sister's, my mom was already there.  We spent the night, and then the three of us left Wednesday to drive home.  It was a very short trip and I wish I could have had plenty of time to do a couple different photo shoots, but I had three little boys waiting for me back home.  I was very happy to have this little window of time to meet my niece while she's still brand new.  Considering I was there less than 24 hours, I did get to hold her a lot, and I got some great pictures, like this one of her holding my mom's finger.  


I knitted a fun little photo prop thing that I had seen in some cute pictures, but unfortunately that project did not result in good pictures.  I think that there was a lot of variables that I just did not have time to fix. 

My dad and I had a lot of fun on the trip south, looking for items on the Photo Scavenger Hunt list.  I got out at a rest stop to get a picture of "fields" and almost stepped on a bullsnake - aghh!  With about 24 hours in the car, I got a lot of knitting done!  We passed this wind farm in Kansas.  It's hard to tell how gigantic these big windmills are, then you see the tiny cows!



3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Is that the big wind farm just north of Lawton? Aren't they just amazing in their enormity?

Your baby photo is beautiful. I'll bet you had a good trip!

Judy said...

Just love the photo of baby and your mom. Very cool. Glad you had a good trip.

StarSpry said...

What a wonderful photo of your mom and niece! I'm glad you got to drive down and meet her :)