Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2011 Knitting Round-Up: Part 1!

I discovered a new pattern on Ravelry the other day, printed it out and was all ready to get started on it this morning, when I discovered that the yarn I'd planned to use did not have enough yardage!!  Argh.  So I pulled out my yarn stash to find something suitable.  I did not find any suitable yarn for the project but I was reminded of all the things I've knit this year (over 30), and that I was going to tell you about them!  I will try to keep all the details brief and we're going to go in chronological order.  (I don't know what happened in February, I guess I was dreaming about my garden!)  If you're not a knitter, you can just skim this one or dream along... 

JANUARY
9238 Sue's socksPattern:  Gull Wing Socks (Rav link) by Chrissy Gardner
Yarn:  Malabrigo Yarn, Sock, Rayon Vert
Made for:  my mom

Additional notes:  I initially knit these for me but I managed to make the foot too long and ended up giving them to my mom.  They're her favorite socks: the yarn is light and the cuff is stretchy.  Worn so much they're now waiting for repair!
0361 little slippers

Pattern:  Magic Slippers by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer
Yarn:  left over from the previous sock project
Made for:  cutest baby in the world

Addt'l notes:  These fit the week the baby was born, probably not much longer.



MARCH
_MG_2770
Pattern:  Haruni by Emily Ross
Yarn:  Buffalo Wool, Buffboo (discontinued)
Made for:  Amy
Addt'l notes:  I started this for fun without a recipient in mind.  I wish I'd made it longer.  The color didn't photograph well, but we had a friend visit one day and she loved it, so it became hers!


APRIL_MG_2958
Pattern:  Valle di Susa Cabled Wrap by Marly Bird
Yarn:  Bijou Basin Ranch, Bliss
Made for:  pattern sample
Addt'l notes:  Marly thinks up beautiful patterns but surviving sample knitting with a crunched timeline takes a lot of Coke and Netflix!  This wrap is really cozy; I think Natalie was glad to wrap up in it in the spring breeze.  
A in baby sweater 1

Pattern:  Baby Kina by
Yarn:  Debbie Bliss, Baby Cashmerino
Made for:  the cutest baby in the world
Addt'l notes:  This pattern is from a French website; I had a hard time figuring out how to download it but there are instructions on the Rav pattern page.  Totally worth figuring out, though; really fast, really cute.  Photo by my sister!


Stay tuned for more...

7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

OVER THIRTY,!!! You've been very naughty - holding out on us!!! They're all so pretty, but I especially love those socks!

Judy said...

I like the cutest baby in the world! You have been busy.

Nana said...

Wonderful knitting! Very blessed recipients. Can't wait to see the rest!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Boy you have been busy! Just love those first socks...so pretty!

StarSpry said...

You were very busy! Those are great projects; can't wait to see the rest :)

Susan said...

Hi Karen! It was great meeting you at Stitches today. Your blog is adorable. Can't wait to follow you here!

Bay Area Knitter said...

I love the shawls! And wow! You were feeling very generous to give away that lacy Haruni by Emily Ross! Lucky friend you have!