Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Trip to Grandma's

We took a quick trip to BFJ's parents' house yesterday, and I thought you might enjoy some pictures from the day.

The peach tree is in bloom. I'm crossing my fingers for no late frost so we can have more Peach Preserves! IMG_4398

My mother-in-law, feeding "the girls," her chickens. IMG_4410

Dewey spring blossoms: IMG_4414

Along with quiche, we had strawberries and cream for brunch. One of the boys had three helpings! Of course, it is extra delicious when you know right where the eggs came from! IMG_4430

One of my mother-in-law's recent purchases: IMG_4433

Finally, when we returned home, I found that my own Marsh Marigold had first bloom ever. (I planted it last year.)

IMG_4462 Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! That peach tree is beautiful! No wonder you recommended! Did you get a new header for your blog? Something looks different, i love it!

Judy said...

Oh, I hope for more peach preserves. Plan on Tuesday.

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful pictures Karen! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header!!!

Miss Jean said...

Some of my best childhood memories is going to my grandparents house. I can still remember the scent of the lilacs blooming!

Clara Walmsley said...

Lovely photographs !