Friday, February 6, 2009

Where Have I Been All Month?

I have been here, working on this and that. Mostly laundry. Also, a little garden planning, reconnecting with old friends, child training, helping at school, a teensy bit of knitting, taxes, and today, we went to a funeral. Our friend Amy lost her mom, Kay. It was a nice service and gathering of friends.


I have been thinking about my garden. I was looking for ideas on Rate My Space and was reminded of my own Rate My Space page, although it's not actually my space. It's my mother-in-law's. If you'd like to see her garden from last year, here's a link.

I have been working on piecing a quilt. I stayed up late one night, laying it out, only to realize that two blocks are missing! Now, where can they be? I haven't worked on this quilt since last fall, and I have shuffled the blocks around, moving it for guests in the guest room, taking pictures, shifting projects... Well, I actually need to clean out my craft room, because we are going to have a house guest for a few months. I might find them? It isn't hopeful. I may have to make new blocks, but I'm not sure that I have enough fabric, so if I have to introduce a whole new fabric, then I have to shift everything around and... I had to give up and go to bed. And the next morning, because I didn't know what to do about it, I started knitting a new hat. I must have some busywork for my hands. Well, I will let you know what happens. Because I am going to finish this quilt top this year, no matter what!!

Oh, and Speed keeps telling me about The Riggler. That cracks me up.

2 comments:

Sara said...

It sounds like you have been pretty busy. I am sure you will find the missing blocks. Hope things are going well!

Candace said...

So sorry about your friend's mother, Karen. May she rest in peace.
I bet you find those blocks in no time - maybe the Riggler borrowed them :>)
Cheers!