Tuesday, May 3, 2011

In Very Local News...

Apparently we have turkey vultures nesting on our street, and I don't mean just two!  They are pretty big for neighborhood birds.  BFJ told me that the only way he'd be happier is if they were living in our tree.  No thanks, I like my cats.  I do think it is kind of funny that they are nesting in this particular spot; this lot, which is probably about a fifth of an acre, has upwards of fifty trees - and a house, of course.  I'm surprised nothing like this has happened before! 

Do you see them both?

6 comments:

StarSpry said...

Wow! It's pretty interesting that they're nesting in your neighborhood!

ultramanj said...

I love these birds, please feel free to get some more pictures.

Teresa said...

Kind of fun to have new feathered neighbors, isn't it? Every once in a while the pheasants move into our hood and make things a bit interesting. We've never had turkey vultures though. Enjoy your new friends!

KariBeri said...

amazing!

audreypawdrey said...

That is pretty neat! They are not very pretty birds though-kind of scary looking actually.

Candace said...

Yikes - I love birds, but I also love my cat more! Are they coming down from the hills for food, Karen? We've seen magpies here in backyards - odd because they are almost always on the sides of highways! Perhaps climate change is taking away some of their good hunting grounds? Better put a bell on kitty!
Cheers!