Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summertime


I saw a quote yesterday on someone's blog to the affect of 'children spell love t-i-m-e,' so when I saw that mine were getting antsy today, I found some things in the closet that had belonged to dear Marie, or g.g., as they called her. (Great-grandma.)  Because I know, summer can seem boring while you're in it, and so fleeting later.  I taught them Chinese Checkers; I hate to tell you that I won but no one would listen to my strategy recommendations!  Then they taught me Pirate Code.  And then two looked through all the wonderful marbles while two of us had a nap. 

3 comments:

quiltmom said...

We played this game at my grandmother's house often. You do take beautiful photos Karen.
Enjoy your time with your kids- that time is fleeting too- though when they are young it does not feel like it.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Nana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

StarSpry said...

We used to play Chinese Checkers :) Glad they had fun playing! That was a lovely post about your grandmother!