Monday, July 9, 2012

That Shawl

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was knitting a beautiful shawl, and a few people have asked since then whether I was going to post pictures. So at your request, I'm happy to do so.


IMG_4719 

DETAILS

Pattern - Leaflette Shawlette by Stormy Autumn
Yarn - Adorn Sock in the Brannagh colorway from Three Irish Girls
This yarn was 430 yds; yardage noted for the pattern was 460.  I cut it really close; I had 14 inches left!

Mods - the only modification I made was to cross some of the twists the opposite way from written.  I wanted my lines to go over-and-under.  I love it, though it is a bit pointy.  I really liked the architectural quality of the cabling, and I'm glad I knit it.  However, next time I'll look for something that's a little more fabric around the arms and shoulders where the drafts get me, and a bit less down the back.  If you want any more information on this project, you can check out my Ravelry project page.

A couple more pictures:

IMG_4743
IMG_4702 

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh,wow. This is stunning.

Thimbleanna said...

It IS gorgeous Karen. I love your close up shot that shows the stitches. Great Work!!!

Susan said...

This is a beautiful shawl. The back features the pattern so well. And again, beautiful photograph :)

Candace said...

Such a gorgeous shawl, Karen! It reminds me of Fall - oh...is that coming soon?
Cheers!

Sam said...

Good grief that is a beauty! Great colours (warm and cosy fall colours) and a lovely pattern.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow so beautiful! I can't believe you managed to knit it so close to the end...14 inches! You must gave been sweating those last few rows!

StarSpry said...

Beautiful shawl! I love the detail :)

Bay Area Knitter said...

Very striking! I love the detail!