Saturday, July 21, 2012

What Is It?

Today, we went to the Colorado Renaissance Festival.  It was a hot day but we had fun.  Personally, I like being in a community, if a temporary one, where there's such a high percentage of people who know how to make things!!  I tried to travel light and only took a short lens, so I didn't get many pictures of people and costumes.  I did take a few pictures though, here are some from the day.  Can you guess what they are?  Answers at the bottom.


IMG_9285 IMG_9378 IMG_9387 IMG_9270 IMG_9222 

From top to bottom: an astrolabe, a hammock in the making, an elephant trunk, a barn owl, and finally, the smiling camel who gave two of my boys a ride. 

5 comments:

Candace said...

How thrilled the boys must have been! We have a camel here, too - his name is Izzy! Beautiful photos - you fooled me on the elephants trunk - also a strange animal for a renaissance festival! Love the barn owl - we have a barn owl family near our backyard - very curious owls, too!
Cheers!

Sam said...

How fun! We love going to renaiisance festival(picked up some great yarn last year!!!). Fab pictures - especially loving the smiling camel :)

StarSpry said...

What a fun day! Great pictures; I hadn't heard of an astrolabe before :)

Thimbleanna said...

How Fun! You're lucky you have a renaissance festival so close to you. Love the pictures -- the elephant trunk was an "I have no idea"!

Bay Area Knitter said...

Wow! Sounds like a very fun filled day! :)