Saturday, July 11, 2015

knitting and all the things I do in a summer...

Recently it was noted that I don't do a good job of keeping up on my blog.  So true.  And I really love my blog.  It has been a pivotal project in my creative life.  As a stay-at-home-mom with three very small boys, I felt isolated from other artsy-crafters when I began this blog, and isolated from friends in general.  And then I discovered blogging, and suddenly my world opened up.  This new-found world also changed how I viewed my photography - both literally and philosophically.  And unlike many other bloggers, I've never not wanted to blog, I've never wanted to stop.  I just... get busy.  I actually got so busy, I forgot my new password for awhile - yikes!  

A little of what I've got going on...  Knitting like crazy, of course.  I just finished a hat design for a friend, which turned into a pattern, just in time for a deadline.  After that, I finished a smoke ring (cowl) design, which I want to keep, but won't.  Just before that, I test knitted a beautiful cabled project for another designer, and it will be gift someday soon-ish.  

I recently began collecting my knitting swatches as I stumble across them while straightening, and they've become a pretty little stack.  I've been enamored with collections, actually, for quite awhile, so imagine my delight when I discovered I have a new one!  


My garden is a bit better this year than last; my boys are growing up.  We've been all over the western United States this year - Seattle, San Diego, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, Arizona!  But you know; there's no place like home.  I read a whole book in a weekend!  I faced a major disappointment.  And I have had time to savor friendships. 

I look forward to sharing more about all these things.  For now, though, they're just little swatches of stories in my head.  More soon!  

2 comments:

Susan Schmitt said...

That many places? Well if you weren't driving you must have accomplished a lot of knitting on the road.
I too have three boys - all grown up. Honestly thats not true. They never grow up!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Karen -- you've been a busy girl this summer. It's so nice to see you back -- hopefully it's a new habit again. Love the swatch picture -- do you have plans for them?