Friday, January 7, 2011

Finale!

Finally!  I tried several times to download this picture, I don't know why it wouldn't load.  Anyway, the finale of my handmade gifts! 

My mother-in-law had forwarded me an email about our foremothers' necessity of aprons and all the things they were used for, and she said she could use one.  I took the hint!  Immediately, I found a cute pattern at the fabric store but it took me over an hour to find three fabrics that I thought would go well together.  The pattern actually calls for four; I couldn't find a fourth but as the fourth was for the lining I got the appropriate yardage from one of the first three.   The pattern came together pretty easily considering I had left this to the very end to sit down and do.  I thought it turned out really cute.  I like the button, too! 


Pattern:  McCall's Retro Aprons, M5643
Fabrics various.

I just may sew more things this year.  Hopefully some new curtains are next!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Awesome apron! you did a great job sewing - there are a lot of steps here. Best past is that she looks so cute in it!

Thimbleanna said...

Very Cute Karen! I'll bet your MIL was thrilled!

StarSpry said...

Very cute apron! I bet she loves it :)

Marly said...

OMG... I LOVE IT! I want one!