Skip to main content

BBR Photo Shoot Reveals


Now that the patterns have been released, I can finally show you more from my photo shoots last October.  Marly, Natalie and I had fun zipping around town taking pictures of the latest Bijou Basin Ranch patterns knit up in their latest new colors!  I especially liked this set at the 'Pec (El Chapultepec, famous for "hot burritos and cool jazz.")  As always, Natalie was a great model.  Natalie also brought along several bags and pieces of jewelry from her friends at The Sassy Factory. 
The bright colors of this wall really brought out the brilliance of the yarn. 

...and I loved the taxi-hailing pictures.
 

Marly designed this piece and Natalie spotted this red and orange art installation.  I ended up with some of the red yarn, you know how I feel about red! 

Later in the week, Marly and I met up with Ashley to shoot the remaining pieces, including this sky blue top.  I purposely tracked down this blue building I frequently drive by. 


If I had to pick a second favorite color, it would likely be green.  I like the warmth of this color, especially. 


I think this is one of my favorite pieces of the set.  I love the idea that it has sleeves, but you can wrap up in it too.  Sounds perfect!

For more information about the yarn, patterns, and designers, check out the whole collection at Bijou Basin's website. 

Comments

  1. Fabulous fashions and fabulous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen -- your photos are wonderful! And some really fun patterns -- off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos and styling just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos!! Those are so great looking knits, too. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For another view of some of these garments, check out the video we just produced from TNNA spring show...http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?video_id=1zYWXFeYzX0&ns=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Please be sure to LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS (if it isn't included in your profile) so that I may respond to you. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Jovi Mittens : knitting with qiviut

In February, I published a mitten pattern with  Windy Valley Muskox .  It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two.  Of course, you could make the cuffs longer!  I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves).  It's on the back burner, for the moment.   In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut!  It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin.  Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat."  What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck.  I worked for WVM for several yea...

garden panos from 2023

 Last year, I made some effort (not thoroughly successful) to capture state-of-the-garden pictures every month, including panoramas stitched together on Photoshop, in order to get the whole view of what's happening.  So here's a little recap of the garden in 2023! early March April May June August It appears that I missed July, and either didn't take or didn't save this project in September, although we didn't have a killing frost very late into the season - we were still harvesting a few things in October.  As much as I loved the lettuce that was growing in the tunnel, and getting an early start on a few things, I'm not a fan of plastic anywhere, especially in my garden, so I am looking at options - cold boxes with old windows, etc.  I'm planning to start my 2024 garden this month - pea planting, planning, and seed starting in March!  What are you planting?  

Random Review Friday: Knitting Boutiques

There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...