Monday, September 5, 2011

Red Sunflowers

6802 backlit red

I had such a great response to my red sunflowers last year, that I planted all the rest of the seeds this year.  They are such beautiful flowers. 

This morning, as I was talking pictures in the garden, the Bruise shared with me that his teacher told him there are not red sunflowers.  I asked for a clarification on that.  Apparently, he had added to a discussion about sunflowers, "...and red ones."  To which she replied, "You mean tulips or roses.  Sunflowers are not red."  Guess who will be learning something at school tomorrow!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha! Good for you guys. I've always wondered why, when a child says something that doesn't sound quite right, teachers don't ask some questions and try to figure out why a child believes what they say. Maybe the good ones do! I hope you'll report back and tell us how it went!

Stephanie D. said...

Love it! I had lots of different sunflowers last year--gold and red and bronzed and bi-colored--and different sizes, too. Who knew?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Fantastic shot...you caught those colours perfectly!

audreypawdrey said...

Beautiful picture, and I hope she liked the sunflower!