Skip to main content

Inspired

I need to get things shaped up around here. I have several little projects in every room, that I just never quite get around to. Maybe you have those? One of my sister-in-laws requested paint for Christmas, because she is repainting some rooms. I like my paint colors. I think my main problem has been identifying my style. I like modern country (like Pottery Barn?), some antiques, some country, some 50s, some 2000s, industrial, sentimental... I realized this holiday season that the main thing my Christmas mantel conveys is I have no defined style. I need to fix that! I need some simple yet effective accessories and wall decor, like you see in EVERY room you love. Those ones that always make me think, "Oh, I could make that." But I never do, because I don't start with a plan. Well, it is time to change that. Luckily, I have some ideas, and got some JoAnn's gifts cards. I'll have to see what I can come up with. In the meantime, I've been surfing my bookmarked blogs, and some new ones; one of those things I haven't had time for lately. And I have found lots of inspiration. That's what I love about blogs, the sharing of ideas. Here's some inspiration for you and me, including some of my favorite photos from 2008.


Daisy Cottage

Hooked on Houses

House Martin

Shining Egg

Fig Tree Quilts

Under a Blue Moon

The Lettered Cottage







Comments

  1. Karen, What beautiful photos! The night photo looks like downtown Denver? I think it's a corner where I got my first kiss from an old beau!! And thanks for the new links! Good luck with your decor re-do's - I'm rapidly becoming an old woman and I still don't really have a defined style, but am pretty comfortable with my eclectic mix - I hope moving to the Squash House will help me become a tad more "stylish".
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspiration photos! I also appreciate the links to really good inspiration blogs, too. I don't have a style either. I love a kind of Pottery Barn look, but I have a lot of inherited furniture that doesn't mix well... Maybe I will have a style in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry, I have no style either. It just all kinda is whatever I like. I do have snowmen around all year long (is that a style?) and some country and some modern...oh well, someday when I have no BIL or kids I will find my style!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Please be sure to LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS (if it isn't included in your profile) so that I may respond to you. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Jovi Mittens : knitting with qiviut

In February, I published a mitten pattern with  Windy Valley Muskox .  It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two.  Of course, you could make the cuffs longer!  I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves).  It's on the back burner, for the moment.   In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut!  It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin.  Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat."  What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck.  I worked for WVM for several yea...

garden panos from 2023

 Last year, I made some effort (not thoroughly successful) to capture state-of-the-garden pictures every month, including panoramas stitched together on Photoshop, in order to get the whole view of what's happening.  So here's a little recap of the garden in 2023! early March April May June August It appears that I missed July, and either didn't take or didn't save this project in September, although we didn't have a killing frost very late into the season - we were still harvesting a few things in October.  As much as I loved the lettuce that was growing in the tunnel, and getting an early start on a few things, I'm not a fan of plastic anywhere, especially in my garden, so I am looking at options - cold boxes with old windows, etc.  I'm planning to start my 2024 garden this month - pea planting, planning, and seed starting in March!  What are you planting?  

Random Review Friday: Knitting Boutiques

There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...