In February, I published a mitten pattern with Windy Valley Muskox . It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two. Of course, you could make the cuffs longer! I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves). It's on the back burner, for the moment. In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut! It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin. Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat." What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck. I worked for WVM for several yea...
knitting, photography, gardening, quilting, life
gorgeous peonies Karen- mine are not close to blooming- I am not a very good gardener- I think they need more TLC than what I give them.
ReplyDeleteHappy Flag Day.
I do stop to see you regularly just haven't had much time to make a comment. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Regards,
Anna
I did know it was flag day!
ReplyDeleteGreat peonies!
Yes, I knew and I am wearing my red, white and blue scrubs tonight!
ReplyDeleteYour peony is gorgeous! Hope there are many more blooms to come.
Beautiful pictures Karen -- and flowers!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been away for a few days, and you've been busy posting, Karen! More great photos, and thanks for the Flag Day reminder - I didn't know! On your peonies - do you know that if you keep them planted in the ground - in a pot - and bring them in over the winter they will bloom better? They absolutely don't like to be repotted and if they are it can take up to 2 years for them to bloom, so I learned from the local master gardeners this trick - and it works!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
The peony is beautiful! I din't know it was flag day; we missed it!
ReplyDelete