In February, I published a mitten pattern with Windy Valley Muskox . It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two. Of course, you could make the cuffs longer! I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves). It's on the back burner, for the moment. In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut! It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin. Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat." What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck. I worked for WVM for several yea...
knitting, photography, gardening, quilting, life
Oh my gosh --- is that your roof, Karen? It looks exactly like what happened to the Squash House during last years January wind storm! I hope everyone is OK and that the roof isn't damaged!
ReplyDeleteTake care!
WOW! Your poor area! It looks horrible, and there is a house behind that tree?? Hope things are getting cleaned up and everyone is okay!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks really bad I didn't even think about knowing someone that may have damage. I guess I'm a really bad friend. Do you need anything?
ReplyDeleteHi Karen,
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrible storm that you had- all those beautiful big trees. We had a similar storm here on the weekend with over 50 trees in the city destroyed and counting...
We were fortunate and didn't have any on our property but our niece was less so and they lost one large tree. To complicate matters, they are away in Eastern Canada so her brother in law was able to help them out.
Mother Nature sure can raise havoc, can't it?
Hope you are having a nice summer and enjoying some good times with your kids.
Regards,
Anna
Holy Cow, Karen! Hope you didn't sustain any damage.
ReplyDeleteAmazing that whole, big trees were uprooted!
Oh my goodness! I didn't know that the storm was so bad in some areas of town. We had a little hail but nothing like the damage you had! I hope you are all okay!
ReplyDeleteHope everything's ok with you guys. As I've been driving around town I notice these weird areas of heavy damage, right next to completely untouched places. Must have been some not-so microbursts from that storm.
ReplyDelete