There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...
Ok I voted,Dr Little is cute and smart!!
ReplyDeleteSounds cool! Dr Little is determined - and i'm all for more on education!
ReplyDeleteKaren, another way to achieve good drape for a cami is to use a wool blend (maybe with silk, cotton, or a superwash) Going up even half a needle size makes a huge difference but you may not need to do that if you're a loose knitter. I'd also consider using a finer gauge yarn (smaller stitches drape better than larger ones) so your final product isn't "stiff" Hope this helps. I've missed your space - -and my computer time - so nice catching up with you. LOVE your garden and the compost area - perfect!
I voted too! What an interesting contest!
ReplyDelete