Skip to main content

Summer Food

Don't you just love the culinary bounty of summer? 





My sister introduced us to Snickers Surprise Fruit Salad awhile back; it's always a hit at potlucks!  Here's what you need to make it.

1 tub of Cool Whip
1 package of instant vanilla pudding
1 Snickers bar*
1 big bowl of seasonal fruit such as berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), grapes, stone fruits (peaches, nectarines, cherries) apples and pears, kiwi.  Melons and citrus fruits are not ideal. 

Rinse fruit and drain thoroughly.  Cut fruit into bite-size pieces and combine in large bowl.  Open pudding mix, discard instructions; stir dry pudding into tub of Cool Whip.  (You may want to do this in a bigger bowl.)  Combine thoroughly.  Stir Cool Whip mixture into fruit, stir well.  Cut Snickers into several small bite-size pieces and stir into salad.  Garnish with additional fruit if desired.  Cover and chill.  Serve! 

The fun part is if you don't tell people what's in it, and someone says, "Does this have chocolate in it?"  Of course, *you have to be careful about allergies so I usually ask whether anyone has nut allergies before I make it.  You can substitute other candy bars such as Milky Way if you have peanut allergies or to your preference.

Comments

  1. This sounds wonderful. I will look forward to a future potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about this salad. I've never made it, but I've always wanted too -- your version looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh....now that's decandance, Karen! And I love anything with Cool Whip - forget the candy bars - just get me some yummy cool whip - LOLOL! Your photos are gorgeous - and thanks for the fun recipe!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a yummy recipe! Great pictures, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Please be sure to LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS (if it isn't included in your profile) so that I may respond to you. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Jovi Mittens : knitting with qiviut

In February, I published a mitten pattern with  Windy Valley Muskox .  It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two.  Of course, you could make the cuffs longer!  I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves).  It's on the back burner, for the moment.   In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut!  It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin.  Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat."  What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck.  I worked for WVM for several yea...

garden panos from 2023

 Last year, I made some effort (not thoroughly successful) to capture state-of-the-garden pictures every month, including panoramas stitched together on Photoshop, in order to get the whole view of what's happening.  So here's a little recap of the garden in 2023! early March April May June August It appears that I missed July, and either didn't take or didn't save this project in September, although we didn't have a killing frost very late into the season - we were still harvesting a few things in October.  As much as I loved the lettuce that was growing in the tunnel, and getting an early start on a few things, I'm not a fan of plastic anywhere, especially in my garden, so I am looking at options - cold boxes with old windows, etc.  I'm planning to start my 2024 garden this month - pea planting, planning, and seed starting in March!  What are you planting?  

Random Review Friday: Knitting Boutiques

There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...