In February, I published a mitten pattern with Windy Valley Muskox . It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two. Of course, you could make the cuffs longer! I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves). It's on the back burner, for the moment. In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut! It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin. Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat." What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck. I worked for WVM for several yea...
knitting, photography, gardening, quilting, life
Sometimes we confuse "independence"
ReplyDeletewith "interdependence." The latter, it seems to me, is a healthy sense of community and the need we all have for others to help us along the journey and the joy we have in friends and family.
Independence, as much as it is held up as an ideal (especially for Americans) really tends to much towards self.
Just a thought
All sincere comments are appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI used the correct word in the context that I meant to, to the best of my knowledge, and I am going to let it stand.
Perhaps you would like to start your own blog!
Oh, they look so cute...and little! It's hard to believe they are old enough to both be going to school. How exciting for Nico to begin the journey. I just received a letter from Metro claiming to be my "alma mater" and it's hard to believe I'm done. Well, at least for now. :)
ReplyDeletecutest picture.
ReplyDeleteit's so much fun to read
your blog.
yay for school!
love,
kari jo