There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...
Oh, how I miss a real fall. Your photos bring back so many memories that are in my mind. Thank you for the colorful post!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you that it can be pretty sad that most kids don't know where food comes from. We raise our own meat and grow as many veggies as we can, and I wouldn't do it any other way. Those are great photos! And I am glad your kids are able to appreciate farmers!
ReplyDeleteI'm reading that book, too! I have to put it down and then take it back up, because it's a lot of info.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is one beautiful ear of corn.
As usual...wonderful pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWe sooooooo wish we could have gone with you this year, but alas - our schedules just didn't allow it. Here's looking forward to next year!
Take care,
Matt, Jen, Cameron, Ellie & CJ
Fall! One of the best times of year! Not too hot, and wonderful colors. I enjoyed your pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun. Maybe someday I'll be able to go.
ReplyDelete