Skip to main content

Ice Cream, and the Dual Cable Trifecta


Two of my cousins from Lincoln came to town on Wednesday and it just worked out that we had four tickets to the Rockies game that night. On our way home, we took the scenic route and passed this giant milk jug and BFJ said, "OH!" Apparently he'd been told about this tremendous ice cream but hadn't ever seen the giant milk jug. And then, there we were, so we figured we better stop and get some ice cream. I got chocolate, just plain chocolate, and it really was the best just-chocolate ice cream I'd ever had. (I'm very partial to Haagen-Daz's Belgian Chocolate Chocolate, but this might edge it out... Maybe I should try them both again.) BFJ had Butter Pecan and says it was awesome. One cousin got chocolate, and the other got both mexican chocolate and coconut gelato. I tried the gelato, it was heavenly. I better take my dad there sometime.


Oh shame on me, I forgot to post pictures like I said I would. I made these for the Bijou Basin trunk show, possibly coming to a yarn shop near you. It took me forever to figure out how many stitches to pick up for the scarf but once I got the hang of it, it really flew by. Fingerless gloves - how did I live without them?, a scarf, and there's also a hat but I didn't get a good picture. When there's no adult in the house and you have a postal deadline, you take what you can get!

After finishing these projects, I spent Friday in the basement, cleaning up what is currently my craft area. It is also the laundry room, so I ended up doing some laundry, but it needed to be done. I found all the summer clothes I had confiscated last fall - just in time for the last week of summer break. Oh well. Now everything is straightened and organized. I also took stock of my yarn and pinpointed some holiday projects and the supplies for those projects. We've had some cool nights, lately; it makes the holiday projects a little more fun. (Don't tell BFJ, but I did listen to some Christmas music while I straightened the craft dungeon. He has a strict not-til-October rule.)

Comments

  1. Your knitting is so professional and amazing! You have such a flare for writing and you find the most unique places! Not to mention I love all the great photos, too. It's always neat to chekc out you blog!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now craving ice cream, Karen! Your dad will love that place (so will we - hee)!!
    Wow - remember when just a short time ago you were learning to knit? Now you're knitting for a trunk show - congratulations! I love this pair - I have a "thing" for cables!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous set! I agree that your knitting is fabulous and the pictures you take are always wonderful!:) I need some ice cream now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That must be some fabulous ice cream to compete with haagendaz. Your gloves and scarf are just gorgeous but really...did you HAVE to say the "C" word? I'm just not ready. What a concept though -- it is getting to be the time to take stock of supplies and start to plan those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went to Hobby Lobby & am sooo ready for fall & the holidays. All the displays made me so giddy.
    Congrats on the organization -- mine is going only a *little* better than last time you saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Please be sure to LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS (if it isn't included in your profile) so that I may respond to you. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Jovi Mittens : knitting with qiviut

In February, I published a mitten pattern with  Windy Valley Muskox .  It takes about 1 1/2 skeins of this fabulous yarn so you'll have to buy two.  Of course, you could make the cuffs longer!  I'm thinking I need a version with fingers (aka gloves).  It's on the back burner, for the moment.   In the meantime, let me tell you how lovely it is to work with qiviut!  It is one of the softest fibers, definitely the lightest, and so warm for the weight; it's best as a light layer under others, and luxurious close to the skin.  Sometimes, people misunderstand and think that qiviut comes from the inside coat (I'm not sure how to imagine that), or the underbelly of the muskox; that's because it is often described as the "under coat."  What this actually means is that it's the down layer, and grows during the cold months, closer to the skin, all over the animal; it's like down feathers on a duck.  I worked for WVM for several yea...

garden panos from 2023

 Last year, I made some effort (not thoroughly successful) to capture state-of-the-garden pictures every month, including panoramas stitched together on Photoshop, in order to get the whole view of what's happening.  So here's a little recap of the garden in 2023! early March April May June August It appears that I missed July, and either didn't take or didn't save this project in September, although we didn't have a killing frost very late into the season - we were still harvesting a few things in October.  As much as I loved the lettuce that was growing in the tunnel, and getting an early start on a few things, I'm not a fan of plastic anywhere, especially in my garden, so I am looking at options - cold boxes with old windows, etc.  I'm planning to start my 2024 garden this month - pea planting, planning, and seed starting in March!  What are you planting?  

Random Review Friday: Knitting Boutiques

There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...