There are dozens of places to buy fabric and yarn these days - big craft chain stores, online, and the little boutiques. You can even recycle yarn and fabric by shopping at your local second-hand store. While I love the selection of shopping online, nothing beats the welcome of a friendly face, someone who can help you find just what you are looking for. I know where there are a few wonderful quilt shops, but being a new knitter, I haven't been to many yarn boutiques. I have begun to find that there are several in the Denver Metro area. Here are a few fun stops from the northwest area of town: Knit Knack 7505 Grandview Ave, Arvada , CO 80002 I first met Marly here, and this is our usual spot to meet up for picture days . Talk about great first impressions; this is the first knitting boutique I'd ever been to, and boy is it a good one! Owner Gerri has been a "capital K" Knitter for at least ten years. Gerri carries lots of Cascade, Berroco , and Classic Elite yarns, ...
Well it does, doesn't it??? :>)
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Hahaha. I tried doing that a few months ago...it didn't take very well and I'm back on the diet stuff. Ugh. There's just nothing that quenches my thirst. I'm sure it's a training issue -- I just need to train my tastebuds elsewhere. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with cutting back on soda! I have had a hard time with that, too. i love green tea but it does smell weird.:)
ReplyDelete